Helping Your Business to Bloom
When you are looking to grow your business, it helps to nurture your existing customer base by regularly thanking them for their business. You know they most likely have other choices out there for a product or service provider, so it is important to make them feel special enough to stay with you.
One of the ways we can help you is with high-quality, unique business gifts that are designed to make your recipients know you appreciate and value their business. Here are a few of the special gifts we offer that make great corporate or customer gifts.
Premium Gift Baskets
Our premium gift basket collections are divided into a number of categories to help you find exactly what you are looking for to gift your clients or customers:
- Gift Baskets: This collection includes themed gift baskets that are great for those customers you know like certain things, such as gardening or technology. These are usually a combination of tasteful gift items along with some tasty treats. We also feature some gift baskets that include local Denver products, offering a unique way to celebrate local business.
- Fresh Fruit Baskets: These juicy and delicious gift baskets are also a healthy gift. They feature seasonally ripe fruits that are a great way to tell a client you want them around for a long time!
- Gourmet Gift Baskets: These yummy gift baskets include unique food products, including artisanal cheese as well as sweet and savory selections.
- Junk Food Gift Baskets: Maybe you have that fun-loving client who has a sweet tooth or a taste for snack foods. That’s when our junk food baskets are a great way to win these clients over!
One of our most requested gift items is those brand-name items like our Godiva collection, which features many different options for gifting these premium chocolates. They come in various sizes and shapes, including boxes of truffles or chocolates as well as gift baskets full of their various chocolate creations.
Gift Delivery Service
When you partner with us, you can enjoy a wide array of gift options that suit your customers’ preferences as well as fit within your gift budget. Additionally, we deliver these gifts within Denver as well as around the country thanks to our preferred network of florists that offer the same or similar gift collections. You can shop online or in our Denver flower shop to learn more about our solution for business gifts.
Flowers have been used for centuries by all cultures for various occasions because everyone sees the special connection that we have with our natural surroundings. We subscribe meaning to flowers in terms of what colors and varieties mean certain things because their natural beauty offers a way to symbolize the emotions we feel and help to change those feelings, when necessary.
Here is what flowers can do for us in terms of creating a special ambiance or mood and throughout each occasion, the mood is always lifted or enhanced with the aesthetic value of flowers.
For Special Occasions and Celebrations
Part of life is celebrating many things or accomplishments. This could be a birthday, anniversary, new baby, promotion or graduation. With each, there is joy and happiness at a job well done and the effort that was put into it. These celebrations are also a way for other people to share their joy in your accomplishments.
With bright colors and a unique look, flowers serve as that special symbol of that success and accomplishment. It also holds the feelings of the giver who wants to share their happiness and love.
For Events and Weddings
Also the cause for celebration, events and weddings use decorations throughout to enhance the mood and reflect the occasion. Whether it is for the table or throughout the event space, flowers add color and visual interest to enhance the mood and create a memorable look that carries long past the actual event.
For Sad Times
Unfortunately, there are those occasions where there is sadness like a funeral or hospital stay. That’s when flowers go to work creating joy, comfort, and support. Their bright colors and refreshing calmness let the viewer know that things will be okay. The appearance of flowers during these sad times is also a reminder of how we are inherently connected to, and a part of, nature.
Our Flower Collection
Whatever the reason, we have a flower arrangement or floral design to suit the mood or occasion, helping bring joy and comfort to all who view them. Visit our store or browse our online store to see the types of flower arrangements that are currently available.
Also, be sure to stop in if you have a specific design or floral arrangement in mind. Our talented floral design team can work with you and understand the type of ambiance you want to create for your gift or event so you can get the most from flowers.
Flowers are beautiful no matter how they are presented. However, a unique way to showcase them outside on your patio, porch, or balcony is to use hanging baskets full of flowers, blooming plants, and greenery. This is especially nice if you do not have a garden or backyard to enjoy nature to its fullest. This blog post offers some care tips for hanging baskets as well as showcases some of the designs we have available for local delivery in the Denver area.
Choosing a Spot
Too much sun is not a good thing for hanging flower baskets because the sun’s rays can damage the flowers. Each hanging basket of different flower varieties has different requirements in terms of the amount of light it needs to thrive. Check the directions that come with the hanging basket or check with a florist. You should keep watering until the water comes out the drip holes in the bottom of the basket.
Figure out what area of your patio or balcony offers enough of both light and shade to help your flowering basket. Flowers like fuchsia and impatiens do well in partial shade while geraniums and petunias like sun.
Watering and Feeding
Because of their location outdoors, these hanging baskets can dry out quickly. That’s why it is important to regularly check them and make sure they stay hydrated. Typically, you may need to water these hanging baskets on a daily basis or even twice a day in the summer when the temperatures rise. You can also use a drip system attached to your balcony or porch to maintain a certain level of moisture.
The hanging flower baskets also need feeding and fertilizing to grow and stay healthy, so the soil nutrients have to be regularly replenished. This is especially the case because of the continual watering that tends to wash away the nutrients. You can opt for liquid fertilizers or time-released fertilizers. You don’t want to put too much fertilizer as this will burn the plants and roots.
Trimming, or deadheading as it is commonly known, is important to do as the blooms begin to fade. Doing this will encourage new flowers to blossom and new branches to grow.
Our Hanging Flower and Plant Baskets
We’ve recently expanded our collection of outdoor flowers and plants with new hanging baskets, including fuchsia hanging baskets and moss hanging baskets. Visit our Denver flower shop to see how beautiful and fresh these hanging baskets can be as part of your outdoor décor. Of, you can shop online for local delivery of these stunning flower baskets.
Flowers are always a favorite for birthdays because they are bright and cheerful, reflecting the happiness you feel to be sharing another year with this special person whether they are a friend, family member, spouse or colleague. Birthday flowers can really be any type of flower arrangement, so sometimes having so many options are more challenging than having a limited selection.
To help you decide on what to get for that special someone’s birthday, we’ve put together some ideas for you!
Favorite Colors & Varieties
The best place to start with a birthday flower arrangement is to pick a favorite color or favorite variety or both. There are many flower arrangements that can be designed to suit a favorite color, variety, or both.
For example, the Color Your Day with Happiness Bouquet features an array of pink flowers, including fuchsia roses and pink gerbera daisies mixed with other flowers in a bright pink quart size decorative paint can that serves as the vase. Other arrangements are available in other paint can colors with accompanying flower colors.
Unique Flower Arrangements
Something that stands out in a crowd is always a great idea because it will be very memorable to the recipient. That’s why we offer many very unique flower arrangement designs for birthdays.
These include flower cakes, such as the Wonderful Wishes Floral Cake that includes white chrysanthemums, green button poms, pale yellow carnations and magenta mini carnations presented on a cake plate.
We also have some unique flower arrangements in the shape of a present, including All Wrapped Up. This is a flower arrangement with yellow lilies, carnations, and sunflowers arranged in a cube vase and finished with a plaid ribbon.
Flowers with Extras
Flowers are fun but those with extras like balloons are even better. We’ve got all types of Mylar balloons that can be added to floral bouquets or even stuffed animals that can accompany your birthday arrangement.
For example, the Happy Blooms Basket comes with a Happy Birthday balloon that is tucked into a whitewash willow handled basket full of Asiatic lilies, lavender chrysanthemums, lavender carnations, purple monte casino asters, green button poms and lush greenery.
Birthday Flower Delivery
We deliver all over the country for birthdays as well as around the Denver area. Each hand arranged flower arrangement is also hand delivered. We work with trusted flower shop partners to serve all areas of the country with our beautiful birthday flower arrangement designs.
Summertime is special for many reasons. It often means more time together as a family because the kids are out of school and there are vacations and fun to be had. There are also special celebrations like birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and more. However, there are also some special days in the month of July that offer a way to show your love for all members of your family.
July Special Days
These special days in July include some very special people in your life that you may not realize have an official day of recognition. These special days include:
Each of these days are a great way to take time out to let these people know just how much they are loved and appreciated as special members of your family.
Whether they are mentors or just a lot of fun, it’s important to let them know just how much you care for them and are glad they are family.
A Collection of Gifts for These Special Days
Often, these beloved family members live farther away or you don’t get a chance to see them as much as you would like. Working with us, you can find some great gifts that can be sent anywhere in the country or just down the street. We’ve put together a list here of great gift ideas for these special people:
- A Splendid Day Bouquet contains lavender roses and monte casino asters, purple matsumoto asters, green hypericum berries, green button poms and greenery arranged in a clear glass bubble bowl vase.
- The All Aglow Bouquet is punctuated with bright blooms, including peach roses, rose alstromeria, yellow mini carnations, green hypericum and lily grass in a clear glass cube vase.
- The Thoughtful Expressions Bouquet features lavender roses, daisies, purple statice, matsumoto asters and lush greenery in a violet cube vase finished off with a lavender grosgrain ribbon.
- The Succulent Garden is a succulent plant that has been presented in a Zen-like square container and makes a great long-lasting gift.
- The Gourmet Basket could feed an army with cookies, crackers, sausage, cheese and other gourmet food delights. Baskets can be ordered in various sizes to accommodate the appetites of anywhere from six to over 14 people.
- Your father-in-law will be sure to love these Godiva Milk Chocolate Cigars. There are four in a box and offer a delicious way to relax after a long day.
This is just a sampling of what we have available in our newly remodeled and expanded Denver flower shop as well as what we offer through our online flower shop. Order today!
With summer in full swing, it is getting hot outside here in Denver. If you are spending more time indoors but still want to enjoy the brilliance of the summer season, why not add some summer flowers to your home or office? Better yet, you can also send these beautiful flowers or a blooming plant to a friend, family member, or colleague so they can also enjoy the colors of summer.
Our summer collection has arrived and it is brimming over with bursts of color and summer-themed flower arrangements. We are forecasting smiles everywhere when a loved one receives one of these fresh and fabulous flower arrangements. Here are some of the sunny highlights.
We have a number of fun and festive flower arrangements themed after some of summer’s favorite adult drinks:
- The Apple Martini Bouquet features green carnations and poms along with alstromeria and fresh greenery in a keepsake acrylic martini glass.
- The Blue Hawaiian Floral Margarita has roses, blue delphinium and poms in an oversize margarita glass with faux pineapple pics and a paper umbrella
- The Sangria Bouquet looks like the wine punch with a combination of roses, carnations, poms, statics and alostromeria all arranged in an acrylic martini glass.
Iconic Summer Flower Arrangements
Some symbols just remind you of summer. That’s why we incorporated them in these unique summer flower arrangements:
- The Weber Hot Off the Grill arrangement has red, yellow, and blue flowers in a keepsake Weber Grill container.
- The Captain Carefree Bouquet has a number of bright blooms, such as yellow spray roses, blue delphinium, and white daisy spray chrysanthemums arranged in a boat container.
We designed many of our summer flower arrangements to reflect the brightness of the season. Our favorites include:
- The Soak Up the Sun Bouquet has alstromeria and sunflowers that have been arranged in a painted vase replete with many sunflowers.
- Your Sweet Smile Bouquet has yellow and white roses along with a host of other flower varieties in a cylinder vase sure to brighten anyone’s day.
- It’s Your Sunny Day brings together cremones, carnations, poms and monte casino asters in a glass cube that has been lined with yellow foam.
Be sure to check out our entire summer flower arrangement selection online or visit our Denver flower shop!
This is the time of year for an Independence Day celebration whether it is a local event here in Denver or it is something you are hosting at home or in your neighborhood. Among the parades, picnics, barbecues and fireworks is the idea that we are celebrating our independence and freedom as a nation and as citizens of that nation.
Denver 4th of July Celebrations
The Denver city website offers a long list of great events centered around the 4th of July. Here are some of the highlights:
- There will be a free event at Civic Center Park on July 3, including an innovative light show and patriotic concert.
- The Colorado Symphony will put on a concert at Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre on July 4th.
- The Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park will have a fireworks display on July 4th.
- The Park Hill 4th of Jul Parade is a family-friendly event with marching bands, floats, and acrobats.
- There are many arts festivals over that weekend, including the Cherry Creek Arts Festival and the First Friday Art Walk
Our Independence Day Collection
This year’s collection of flower arrangements and displays for 4th of July is overflowing with patriotism and unique designs. Here are some of our favorites:
- Cheers to the Red, White, and Blue is a unique arrangement in a large martini glass that contains red roses, white daisies, and blue delphinium, representing the colors of the American flag.
- Liberty Dreams Flower Cake is shaped as a flower cake arrangement with white daisy poms and red mini carnations along with a blue and white ribbon with a “cherry on top.”
- Red, White and Blooming Cupcake is a real standout as it is designed to look like a cupcake made from white carnations arranged in a red cupcake container with a satin ribbon.
- America the Beautiful is a stunning arrangement of red, white, and blue flowers in either a deep blue or red glass cube that is topped off with an American flag.
Happy 4th from Us!
From the entire team at Veldkamps Flowers, we would like to wish all of you a very fun and safe 4th of July!