Employee Appreciation Day is March 7th
With March 7th fast approaching, it’s time to decide what to get your employees for Employee Appreciation Day. Each year, Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated around the world on the first Friday in March.
There is no one way to celebrate it or show your employees how much you value them. This means you can give out gift cards, take them to lunch, or treat them to a party and a gift. It’s up to you, your budget, and your reward and recognition strategy.
To help you out, we have put together a few ideas for this Employee Appreciation Day.
Gift Baskets and Gift Ideas
Everyone loves gift baskets and this kind of gift allows you to get something for everyone in one basket, maximizing the value for a reasonable price.
We offer an extraordinary selection of different gift baskets. There are fresh fruit baskets, baskets with fruit and cheese, baskets with fruit and flowers, gourmet food, a Godiva chocolate gift basket and a junk food gift basket. There is literally something for everyone here.
Flowers and Plants
Whether you are handing out individual gifts or looking to decorate for an Employee Appreciation Day party or event, flowers and plants are a beautiful way to show your appreciation.
We have a wide array of flower arrangements, plants, blooming plants, dish and basket gardens and custom flower arrangements to suit every taste and budget. Right now, many of our favorite spring flowers are arriving, including tulips, irises, lilacs, hydrangea and more.
Anything you can dream up, our floral design team can turn into something extraordinary. Whether it is for men or women, we have the flowers or plants that they will enjoy for their office or to take home.
Our green plant selection also offers a way to look after your employees’ health and wellness because they promote cleaner air and more oxygen.
Employee Appreciation Day Deliveries
Now is the time to order for Employee Appreciation Day so you can enjoy the best selection and ensure your preferred delivery time.
Your anniversary is that special day each year you reflect on that memorable day you got married and celebrate your love and happiness together. Many celebrate with a dinner or getaway weekend, but most often one of the best ways to show your love is with flowers.
To help you select something special for your anniversary that reflects just how much you love your wife or husband, we have an extensive collection of love and romance themed flower arrangements to give on your anniversary.
Some of our unique anniversary flower arrangements include:
- Love You Fur-EverTM: This is an adorable flower arrangements that shows a canine couple made out of fresh white carnations in their wedding best. It is a sweet way to remember such a special day.
- Love Potion®: Toast your anniversary with this floral cocktail that contains red roses, pink calcynia, heart-shaped bear grass and other beautiful floral décor all arranged in a reusable martini glass.
- Sweet Thoughts Bouquet: This anniversary flower arrangement is full of red roses and accented with wax flower and bear grass in a red cube vase.
- White Elegance Bouquet: As part of the Vera Wang collection of flower arrangements, this stunning floral display includes white Asiatic lilies and double lisianthus along with greens in a clear, contemporary vase.
- Angelique Bouquet: This anniversary flower arrangement offers something different in terms of unique colors, including creams, lavenders, and purples. There are cream roses, royal purple double lisianthus and monte casino asters, and lush greens. The bouquet is presented in a clear square glass vase with an amber wired taffeta ribbon.
- Color Rush Bouquet: As part of the Better Homes and Gardens® flower collection, this stunning flower arrangement goes bold with its color palate, including orange roses, red matsumoto asters, pink mini carnations and lush greenery all hand arranged in a clear glass bubble bowl.
Anniversary Flower Delivery
This is important, especially when even the most important day can slip your mind between all of your other obligations. Just let us know what you would like – whether it is an existing flower arrangement or a custom design – and we will hand deliver it to your loved one!
Having a local florist like Veldkamp’s Flowers and Gifts provides you with incredible benefits that an online-only, discount flower company cannot. Here’s the difference you will be able to experience.
A local florist works with only select flower farms and vendors to bring you the best flowers, plants, and gifts. This can differentiate them from the online companies that often freeze their flowers before sending them to you in a box.
Who wants to receive flowers that are often dead or wilted when you can enjoy hand arranged, hand delivered fresh flowers that last much longer?! Often, these discounters are not even in your state let alone your local town.
While an online company may seem convenient, you use any experience from shopping with them. There is no recognition of who you are if you come back a second time or personal touch in terms of recommendations, name acknowledgement, or personal “thank you’s” for shopping with them.
A local florist knows you and recognizes you each and every time you come in to their shop or even if you call or use their online store. They remember special dates and occasions as well as preferences. A local florist may even call you to tell you about something new that has arrived that you may like.
Unique and Varied Product Offering
Another differentiating factor is a diverse product offering as well as a unique collection of floral designs. That is because a local florist typically has an in-house professional floral design team that can create signature designs, custom designs, and more.
A local florist also offers other products like plants, garden baskets, balloons, greeting cards, gift baskets, collectibles and more, making it a one-stop shop for all your special occasions.
These are all differentiating factors compared to an online discount florist who does not have the expertise or depth of floral knowledge to offer such a diverse product and service offering.
When you look at all these factors, it really makes sense to partner with a local florist who offers quality, personal service, and unique products and services. That truly defines great value and ensures that you will be able to always create joy for your recipients and yourself as you shop with your local florist. For those of you in the Denver area, Veldkamps can be that for you!
Valentine’s Day is this Friday, so this is your last chance to order fresh flowers or gifts from our Denver store or online flower shop. We are still taking orders and will do so as long as we have flowers and gifts to do so.
Now is the time to call, email, or come in to place your Valentine’s Day order so you can take advantage of the variety and Valentine’s Day promotions now available for a limited time.
Valentine’s Day Highlights
If you are still deciding or not sure what your sweetheart will like, here are some highlights of what we have available for your consideration:
- Premium Long Stem Roses – All colors and quantities are available for your sweetheart. You can choose one color, mix and match, or add other flower varieties into the hand arranged bouquet or vase arrangement
- Luxury Collection – We have some stunning arrangements if you want to super size your display of love. These beauties contain dozens of flowers and are arranged in some truly elegant containers.
- Custom Designs – If you tell us what you want to spend, what flowers and colors your sweetheart loves the most, and describe a way you want to display it, our floral design team can custom create it for you.
- Gifts Galore – We’ve added some amazing gifts, including jewelry like a stunning pendant, stuffed animals, premium Godiva chocolates and sweets, gift baskets, plants, dish gardens and more. You’ll be able to find something for everyone in your family and for friends. Many items are available across all price points to accommodate everyone’s budget.
Valentine’s Day Promotions
Be sure to check in-store, online, and Facebook for any Valentine’s Day promotions.
You’ll want to order now to take advantage of those deals that are ending soon! What are you waiting for? Valentine’s Day is just days away!
Although it may feel as though February has just started, the truth is that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. That’s why we suggest placing your Valentine’s Day order with us now rather than waiting any longer.
Although we have placed a record order with our flower partners as well as hired on additional staff and drivers to prepare for the busiest day of the year, we find that, every year, we run out of flowers and delivery stops prior to the arrival of Valentine’s Day. And, we just don’t want any of our customers to be disappointed and not receive their preferred flower arrangement and color.
Our Valentine’s Day Collection Highlights
To make your Valentine’s Day shopping even easier, we have expanded our selection of Valentine’s Day flowers and Valentine’s Day gifts as well as provided more shopping categories through our online store, including categories for flowers, roses, luxury flower arrangements, gifts and baskets.
- Roses: We have an extraordinary collection of Valentine’s Day premium roses in a rainbow of colors. You can order a pure rose bouquet or arrangement or add our roses to a stunning varietal arrangement. Each rose order is backed by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee because we are confident that our luxurious long-stem roses will arrive as beautiful as when we hand-arranged them. Plus, we offer same day delivery anywhere in the U.S.
- Luxury Collection: If price is no object, then our luxury collection for Valentine’s Day is where you should shop! It includes some of our largest, most unique, and artistic arrangements available. These Valentine’s Day special arrangements contain dozens and dozens of premium flowers as well as are showcased by a sophisticated container.
- Baskets: Like the love that you have for your sweetheart, our Valentine’s Day baskets are overflowing with goodness. Many contain premium brands of chocolate as well as savory snacks. Others offer a healthy alternative to the traditional Valentine’s Day chocolates, offering fresh seasonal fruit.
- Gifts: Our Valentine’s Day gift collection features everything from chocolate boxes and chocolate dipped pretzels from premier chocolatier, Godiva, to fun and sweet balloons and Mylar balloons that make for an uplifting Valentine’s Day gift. We also have stuffed animals, greeting cards, plants and blooming plants, and dish gardens that make wonderful and special Valentine’s Day gifts.
Are you ready to go Valentine’s Day shopping? Come visit us at our Denver location or shop by phone or online now!
Every year, we seem to order larger quantities of flowers to prepare for Valentine’s Day but we still run out of some varieties even before Valentine’s Day gets here. As such, we decided to include this blog post to encourage our followers and customers to order as early as possible for Valentine’s Day, especially if they have a specific flower type and color that they want to include in their Valentine’s Day arrangement.
Our Valentine’s Day orders are already up from last year so we have added staff and drivers to maintain our same level of service and meet the demand for our hand delivery service on this special holiday.
Our personal service, hand arranged designs, and hand delivery are three very important aspects of our business, and we don’t want the busiest day of the year to get in the way of maintaining those hallmarks.
A One Stop Valentine’s Day Shop
By ordering your flowers now for Valentine’s Day with us, you can also enjoy the one-stop shop feature of our Denver flower shop. That means being able to buy a greeting card, stuffed animal, chocolates, balloons, gift baskets and more.
That way, whether you order online or in-store, you can be sure that every aspect of Valentine’s Day is done and you can just look forward to enjoying the day with your sweetheart.
Our Valentine’s Day Favorites
We have a number of favorites this year, which can be found online or in our store. Our online shop has a number of categories within the Valentine’s Day shop to help you find what you want quickly, including Valentine’s Day roses, Valentine’s Day flowers, Valentine’s Day luxury collection, Valentine’s Day gifts, and Valentine’s Day baskets.
Second, for gift baskets, we have the premium Godiva Chocolate Basket, which is filled to the brim with all types of chocolate delights.
Third, one of the most extravagant Valentine’s Day arrangements we have made is the Lavish Luxury Rose Bouquet with 75 long-stem red roses arranged on top of white hydrangea.
Lastly, our Season of Love Valentine Tulips features red and pink tulips in a stunning heart-shaped red vase.
These are just some of the many unique Valentine’s Day choices we have that are ready for ordering and hand delivery. What are you waiting for?!
This Valentine’s Day, and any time you shop for flowers, we invite you to shop with Denver’s premier floral design firm, Veldkamp’s Flowers. The Veldkamp’s family has been proudly serving the Denver area since 1959. We operate a number of floral design centers right here in Lakewood and Denver.
Something to think about if you are considering buying your flowers from one of those low cost virtual florists. First, they offer unrealistically low prices and award winning designs. The truth is, a $20 dollar flower arrangement and the concept of an award winning design, do not belong in the same sentence. Virtual florists generally ship flower orders from a central packing facility, in a box. The flowers may or may not be fresh when they arrive. They are most likely going to be in the box, which also contains a low cost vase for you to put the flowers into. These virtual florists work very hard in the advertising messages to convince you that they are actually local to your area. Those that fall victim to their tactics quickly find out that they are not local at all.
Despite the belief that you are saving money, you may not be getting such a great deal:
- Some delivery services, such as FedEx and UPS will not deliver designed flowers. Flower arrangements are very delicate and need hand delivery. That’s why the virtual florist services send flowers in a box where you or your recipient has to cut and arrange them.
- Flowers sent by these services are often not fresh and may have even been frozen, which means that they could arrive either dead or they die within a day or so of receiving them.
The florist industry also warns about other issues associated with not using a local florist. In an article on the Society of American Florists information website, it warns that not all florist websites that say there are local are really local. These typically are not even located in the same state and tend to charge higher fees. Consumers then find themselves with a poor florist experience.
Instead, it is better to select a truly local florist like Veldkamp’s Flower and Gifts because there is a physical flower shop with a floral design team that works with select flower farms to offer the best quality flowers.
They also hand arrange all orders and provide their own delivery service so that you or the recipient receive the flowers just as the designers had arranged them.
In terms of cost, a local florist does not cost any more than these services when you consider the quality, freshness, design and lifespan of the flower arrangements provided. If anything, the value of a local florist far surpasses these online discount flower websites. Plus, you are giving back to your local community by supporting a local business.
You can even consider using your local florist for orders outside of the area because many are in a partnership with preferred florists in those local areas that can provide the same level of value, quality, and service.